Customized Online Experiences
“Online learning is not the NEXT big thing, it is the NOW big thing.”
– Donna J. Abernathy
Bring Europe to the classroom
Collaborate with us to adapt your digital learning environment into a platform for international exchange and become a partner in bridging cross-cultural and transatlantic relationships. With virtual study abroad experiences, you will bring the transformational experience of study abroad to students who may otherwise not have the opportunity to partake in international exchange.
As with everything we do at CEPA, we are committed to providing our partner faculty leaders and their students with valuable and meaningful cultural and professional experiences. While your class may not be able to join us in-country, we can still transform international experiences to align with learning outcomes and provide a meaningful and memorable experience for students and faculty alike.
Harness the Power of International Exchange
As courses go digital, study abroad does too! Integrate international learning into your course curriculum. Whether your class is in-person or online, we will help develop a dynamic educational environment that satisfies the learning outcomes and cultural exchange students would receive in-country.
- Cultural connections: your course will be matched with a cultural ambassador from CEPA’s vast European network of on-site coordinators
- Educational advancement: students will benefit from tailored modules and lectures, specifically designed for your course
- Career development: work one-on-one with businesses and organizations across Europe through case studies, research, and capstone projects
- Maintain the opportunity to build international connections during the pandemic
- Experiences online can be arranged across Europe within one program and are no longer limited by geography and travel
Interactive learning without borders
- Live sessions and presentations
- Student-to-student exchange activities and experiences
Flexible scheduling for the students and faculty
- Activities can be arranged according to home school and course timeline
Affordability and convenience
- Cost effective alternative option for the current global pandemic situation
- Develop new partnerships with NGO’s, European institutions and companies
Intercultural understanding and curiosity:
- Even an online experience can help spark an interest in students who have never thought about studying abroad to actually physically study abroad in the future
This experience could be delivered in multiple formats, including:
- Day in the life of a local
- Virtual city backdoor tour (hidden places, favorite spots etc.)
- Explanatory videos about the culture’s most important cultural gems (food, music, sports, languages, social interaction)
- Candid opportunities for peer-to-peer interaction
(semester program with an embedded faculty-led experience)
Scalable and experiences can be adapted to fit a semester or summer course.
- First interactions with on-site coordinator and with international clients involved in program.
- Most interactions in this month may be one-sided as an introduction for the students to the material. Q&A is still encouraged, but students will take a greater lead in month 2.
Round Table/Interactive Month
- Students will have the opportunity to take the lead in interactions with clients and speakers. This month focuses on exchange and builds off the background information and knowledge gained in month 1.
Professional Development/ Project Management
- Students will work with the selected client on a project or will develop a case study based on the clients they have met with during their course
Features of an online experience
Provide meaningful intercultural and international exchanges and interactive opportunities for faculty and students in a virtual learning environment.
CEPA is your trusted partner in Europe with the networks and know-how to design and facilitate online experiences and activities which align with faculty and student course outcomes.
- Pre-departure and orientation modules – Virtual communication techniques
- Live Presentations and Activities
- Q & A sessions
- Active participation in class virtual trips and meetings
- Mentored group student projects
- Self-paced individual projects
- Reflection and Assessment
- Career related objectives
Students – Learning Outcomes and Goals
Through a combination of virtual interactive learning, project-based simulations, discussions, and reflections, students will:
Student Learning Outcomes
- Develop international relationships with resume-building opportunities/opportunity for professional development
- Case competition or international client project/research: Implement the theoretical knowledge gained from lectures when working on real–life business cases in different cultural settings
- Student to student interactions (Erasmus + virtual exchange) -> enhanced teamwork
- Cultural coordinator / Cultural Ambassador
- Soft skills development and enhancement (intercultural awareness, online communication, communication with non-native English speakers etc.)
- increased digital competence? –> gain experience in using digital platforms in a business environment
Faculty leader(s) – Advantages and Benefits
- Faculty can retain the course quality and their unique course elements
- The course can be enhanced and strengthened through virtual international experiences
- CEPA assists the faculty to provide interactive intercultural additions to the course
- Added practical value, illustrate the theory
- Experiences are customized to align with your course goals.
- The program fee will vary and be based on the quantity, duration, and complexity of the experience(s)
Since 1997, CEPA has successfully offered customized faculty-led group programs and educationally focused itineraries for university professors and students.
CEPA Head Office
+49 7142 9565 11
Carbon emissions (CO2e) resulting from CEPA’s activities during the period from January to December 2019 have been calculated at 74.96 tons. CEPA’s carbon footprint has been offset by planting 98 native trees at the Osa Conservation Area in Costa Rica, one of the most biologically intense places on earth.