Athens, Hydra, Nafplion, and Olympia
2- and 3-star hotels in Athens, Hydra, Nafplion, and Olympia
Ancient Greece significantly influenced the development of the Western culture and civilization. Modern democracies are based on the Greek beliefs in government by the people, trial by jury, and equality under the law. Greece is the origin of many outstanding accomplishments, such as spectacular architectural monuments, unique works of poetry, fundamentals of philosophy as well as significant findings in natural history and mathematics.
- Overnight flight to Athens, Greece (group flight can be booked separately)
- Orientation session by your on-site CEPA coordinator
- Guided walking tour of Athens including the old historical quarter
- Guided tour of the Acropolis and the New Acropolis Museum
- Welcome dinner at a Greek restaurant
- Ferry from Piraeus to Hydra
- Guided walking tour of Hydra Port, the main town of the island
- Hike up to the Profitis Ilias Monastery and enjoy breath-taking views of the island
- Ferry from Hydra to Piraeus
- Guided tour of the Archaeological Site of Mycenae, which comprises the fortified acropolis and surrounding funerary and habitation sites
- Guided tour of the Ancient Site of Epidaurus, including the museum and the world-famous theater from the 4th century BC
- Guided tour of the Archaeological Site of Olympia and its museum
- Guided tour of the Archaeological Site of Delphi and its museum, where many political decisions were made after consultation of the Oracle
- Farewell dinner at a Greek restaurant
Interested in running a similar program or building one from scratch?
Let’s get in touch by choosing where you are in the planning process.
You know your exact travel dates and destinations, and are ready to request a formal proposal with quote. (at no charge or committment)
You have great ideas but might have questions, need further advice or want some guidance to bring everything together in an itinerary.
Since 1997, CEPA has successfully offered customized faculty-led group programs and educationally focused itineraries for university professors and students.
CEPA Head Office
+49 7142 9565 11
Carbon emissions (CO2e) resulting from CEPA’s activities during the period from January to December 2019 have been calculated at 74.96 tons. CEPA’s carbon footprint has been offset by planting 98 native trees at the Osa Conservation Area in Costa Rica, one of the most biologically intense places on earth.